A Coalition of Catholic and other faith-based organizations serving those in need.
The purpose of the Rebuild Center is to provide a setting, resources and opportunities for collaboration among Catholic and other faith-based organizations in the City of New Orleans for the service of those in need. In short, the center works with needy and displaced residents to help in whatever way they require.
A center of hope for the local community, the Rebuild Center rose from the asphalt of a former parking area behind the church. It was a maze of sticks at first and then slowly took form as the bathrooms, kitchen, meeting area, decks and canopies were constructed. It is now a place where the homeless and those in need can find a place to rest by day and receive the basic services they require.
“She had a dream…” The Rebuild Center was the brainchild of Sr. Vera Butler, PBVM, recipient of the 2006 Lumen Christi Award for her tireless service and devotion to the poor and homeless in the St. Joseph Church neighborhood. Through her efforts and the efforts of St. Joseph Church, a seed was planted and partnerships were cultivated, resulting in a collaborative effort among established agencies already ministering to the poor and homeless in various sections of the city. These agencies came together to pool resources and manpower in what is now known as The Rebuild Center at St. Joseph.
OPEN WEEKDAYS FROM 8:00 AM TO 2:30 PM
- Lunch – line up at 12:50 PM daily
- Financial assistance (for neighborhood residents)
- Showers – last one in at 8 AM to 12 PM
- Laundry – last load in at 12 PM delete this line
- Toiletries – 10 AM to 12 PM daily while they last
- Restroom facilities M – F 8 AM – 2:30 PM
- Seniors Food Program, every 2nd Thurs., 8 AM to 12 PM delete this line
- Haircuts First Monday of Month Sign up at 8 am
- Legal Aid Mon. & Wed. 8 AM
- Notary Tues., Wed., Thurs. 12:30 PM
- ID’s Tues. 7:30am lottery(for homeless); Birth Certificates Mon. . 7:30am
- Medical Clinic Tues., Wed., Fri. 10 AM – 1 PM
- Mental health and prescriptions daily delete this line
- Psychiatric Services. Tues & Fri. 10 AM -12 PM
- Thurs. & Fri. (for neighborhood residents only)
Financial Literacy (By appt. only)
Providence Housing & Mortgage Readiness Program (By appt. only)
Unity Collaborative for Affordable Housing:
- Mon. – Thurs. 9 AM – 11 AM (Orleans and Jefferson Parish residents only)